Part 2 The Joy Continues
College Credit Available!
This class is for those who have taken our first course: "Healing Discipline: Finding Joy in Working with Challenging Students." In this training, we will spend time exploring our needs, priorities, emotional triggers, and roadblocks that get in the way of taking care of ourselves. As we delve deeper into understanding ourselves, we can more easily set boundaries with students, form healthy relationships with students and colleagues, and develop strong teams. When educators have a better understanding of themselves, they are less likely to take student behavior personally; therefore, they can make connections and set healthy boundaries that can lead to healing for their students. We will review Healing Discipline Strategies and learn additional techniques for managing student behavior. Participants will have the opportunity to create Healing Discipline Behavior Plans they can immediately implement in their classrooms.
We encourage participants to take Healing Discipline: Finding Joy in Working with Challenging Students prior to this training.
Educational Goals and Learning Objectives
- Increase self-acceptance as well as develop confidence in yourself and your skills.
- Review Healing Discipline Strategies and learn more advanced techniques to apply in the classroom.
- Gain more self-awareness.
- Understand the "Road Blocks" that get in the way of taking care of yourself, and how to overcome the "Road Blocks” and set healthy boundaries with students.
- Learn how to create Healing Discipline Behavior Plans that you can take back and use in your classroom and school(s).
- Understand the importance of maintaining expectations for difficult students.
- Learn how to be a better communicator with your school team.
Participants can earn 1 college credit or get a certificate for 15 hours of instruction. Credits through Northwest Nazarene University (NNU) are $60 a credit.
Sign up for NNU credit at: EDPD53366 - Healing Discipline, Part 2: The Joy Continues