How to Set Boundaries and Structure with Students Who have Out of Control Behavior
3.5 hours of professional development available.
Setting boundaries with students can be a challenge. Knowing how to do this in a healing way with children with severe behavior and emotional issues takes extra skill, technique, and self-awareness. We cover several strategies that are easy to implement and help students develop emotional regulation and self-control, which will help them be successful. As the educator develops skills and confidence in working with challenging students, they'll feel more joy and success in their role.
This course combines our modules on boundary setting in one easy to access format.
Available in days
days after you enroll
- Introduction to Boundaries: Whose Responsibility is it? (27:43)
- Need for Boundaries, Accountability and Consequences. What is Accountability? (34:21)
- Avoid Power Struggles (5:50)
- Standard Consequence (5:25)
- Control Test (26:48)
- Healing Environment for Atypical Behavior (3:54)
- Structuring the Environment (32:46)
- 5 Minute Plan (27:38)
- Power Struggle Versus Waiting Out (16:06)
- Boundary Setting Guidelines (17:51)
- Certificate of Completion